A web-frontend to the WPKG software deployment system¶
Based on wpkgExpress v1.0-r12
wpkgExpress-ng is a web-frontend to the WPKG software deployment system.
wpkgExpress-ng © 2013 Probesys
wpkgExpress by Brian White © 2009
- Apache (with at least mod_rewrite enabled)
- PHP 5.0.2 or newer
- Any (SQL-based) CakePHP 1.3.x DataSource (i.e. mysql, mssql, postgres, etc) -- Note: thus far only mysql, sqlite (v2.x), and sqlite3 have been tested
Most DataSources rely on certain PHP extensions being enabled, whether they're compiled in or dynamically loaded.
This is important to know because some of the extensions required by some DataSources may not be available by default for some PHP distributions.
For example: sqlite DataSource requires only the sqlite PHP extension, whereas the sqlite3 DataSource requires the pdo and pdo_sqlite PHP extensions.
- Uncompress this archive to a directory on your webserver that is reachable via a browser (Firefox 3.x is recommended for best results).
- Ensure Apache is correctly configured by following steps 1 and 2 from here: http://book.cakephp.org/1.3/fr/The-Manual/Developing-with-CakePHP/Installation.html#apache-et-mod-rewrite
- Start the wpkgExpress installation process by navigating to (replacing 'yourserver' with your hostname and 'someplace' with the directory containing wpkgExpress-ng): http://yourserver/someplace (You'll be redirected to http://yourserver/someplace/installer)
- Follow and complete the short installation wizard and you're set!
sqlite/sqlite3 users only need to set the value of the "Database Name" field to the absolute path to the sqlite/sqlite3 database.
If the sqlite/sqlite3 database file does not exist, it will automatically be created.
- If you have any problems installing or operating wpkgExpress, please first check this wiki page if the issue has been previously addressed: http://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/wiki/CommonIssues
If the issue is not listed there, feel free to file an issue (bug or enhancement) here:
Otherwise, you can leave a message on the wpkgExpress Google group here: http://groups.google.com/group/wpkgexpress-support
For the latest updates and relevant information for this project, visit
- Backup the following files from your existing installation:
- Overwrite the files from your existing installation with the files contained in this distribution
- Restore your backed up files, overwriting the ones from this distribution
- Finally, if upgrading from wpkgExpress v1.0-r11 or older, navigate to the following address in your browser: http://your-server/where-wpkgExpress-ng-is-installed/upgrade_pre-r12.php
This will upgrade the wpkgExpress-ng configuration file to the format used by wpkgExpress v1.0-r12 onwards.
Fixes / Enhancements:
- Updated CakePhp framework to v1.3.17
- Updated jQuery to v1.10.2
- Added Host type (Hostname / OS / Architecture / Environnement conditions) for Package checks
- Added version comparison conditions for Package checks' Uninstall type
- First time run now redirects to installer page
- Fix issue 33 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=33
Update package importing error / warning msg
- Fix issue 36 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=36
Fix profiles.xml import error
- Fix issue 40 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=40
Changed dropdown selector to checkboxes
- Fix issue 41 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=41
Dirty patch integrated for conditionnal checks xml generation
- Fix issue 42 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=42
Fix exit codes error at xml generation
- Fix issue 45 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=45
Row highlighting in table data - patch integrated
- Fix issue 52 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=52
Exit code 'any' not converted to integer anymore
- Fix issue 59 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=59
Add index on enabled field in hosts table
- Fix issue 60 https://code.google.com/p/wpkgexpress/issues/detail?id=60
Allow variables in revision field - patch integrated
- Fix host varible error (due to table alias generation)
- Add package chaining
- Add hosts extended attributes (http://wpkg.org/Extended_host_attribute_matching)